I’m back!!! Amy, this is for you.
I had such good intentions about actually posting this summer, but clearly failed. I spend so much time sitting at my computer at work that I prefer to never open my laptop at home unless I need to pay bills. That being said, every month one of my goals is to blog more and I really do want to accomplish that at some point.
Here are some “finds” I’ve enjoyed this summer.
- Knitting – I’m not actually very good at it, probably because I only end up doing it once every few years when I make a baby blanket. This summer gave me the opportunity to do it again (thanks, pregnant friends) and I remembered how much I love “creating” something with my hands. I’m currently working on an afghan for myself. It’s the first thing I will have made and kept!
- The GIPHY feature on my iPhone – I’m having a blast sending GIF only texts with my sisters.
- More podcasts – I’ve found several new good ones this summer and now I have too many in my queue. I either need to unsubscribe from some or be at peace with not listening to every episode of every show. Some of my new favorites include The Gospel Coalition’s Word of the Week and Real Crime Profile. I also recently started listening to Ben and Ashley’s Almost Famous Podcast (they interview other Bachelor/Bachelorette contestants and talk about the show). Another fun one if you are nostalgic for the TV Show “Reading Rainbow” is “LeVar Burton Reads” – each episode he reads a short story. It’s fantastic.
- This sweet story about a couple growing their family – you have to read the last sentence – it’s hysterical!
- This News story out of Ocean City, MD. This is my nightmare.
That’s all I’ve got for now. Check back next week!